If you have recently been diagnosed with Gingivitis but have no idea what to do to treat it, this information is for you!
Gingivitis is a disease caused by bacteria that swell, redden and bleed the gums. It is necessary to treat it in time to prevent its progression and maintain good oral health.
Don’t know where to start? You should pay attention to these recommendations on how to treat Gingivitis.
How to start treating Gingivitis?
The first step is to schedule a regular dental cleaning with the dentist. Let us explain why.
Professional dental cleaning will ensure proper removal of the remaining tartar with a scaling procedure. This procedure will facilitate the healing of Gingivitis.
Have you considered home remedies to treat Gingivitis naturally? They can help, but they don’t substitute a routine professional cleaning. Even so, This may interest you.
Gingivitis Risk Factors
- Sugary foods.
- Bad nutrition.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Advanced age.
- Lack of oral hygiene
- Absence of dental control Immunological diseases.
Say goodbye to Gingivitis: this is how
If you’ve been suffering from Gingivitis for a while, you know that it’s uncomfortable for your daily life. And that a simple gum pain can grow around your head and ruin your day.
That’s without adding the consequences that gradually accumulate, such as gum recession and, in severe cases, tooth loss.
We don’t want that at all… Are you tired of Gingivitis? We have some recommendations, so you don’t suffer from this anymore.
Recommendations on how to treat Gingivitis:
- Let’s go with number one. Brush your teeth and tongue at least twice a day. Take special care when brushing at night, before going to sleep. Then, floss your teeth to complete the cleaning at each brushing. Brushing alone does not remove all bacterial plaque, which must be removed daily. Avoid additional risks to your oral health and possible dental pathologies. Floss after every meal. This will take approximately three minutes. It is necessary to use a proper dental floss thread. When you visit the dentist, ask which is the best for your case. This way, you can guarantee to use the right one!
- Let’s go with number two. Maintain accurate eating habits. Check that you have a proper diet because this is how you keep your gums healthy. That’s right, consume allied foods for the health of your mouth.
- Now, let’s go with the third. Use a good mouthwash to combat Gingivitis and reduce the amount of plaque in the mouth. This way, you will stop the germs that deteriorate your oral health and take care of the health of your gums. You must consult with your dentist for the correct amount of time to swish. Most mouthwashes recommend swishing for 30 seconds to a minute to remove as many germs as possible.
- Lastly, choose a proper toothbrush and brush in circular motions without pressing too hard. Change the brush every 3 or 4 months. The correct teeth brush (when used accurately and being constant in brushing) can remove up to 1mm of subgingival plaque. This cures Gingivitis and prevents the development of more severe diseases. If you want more information, you can find it at this link.
Prevent diseases such as Periodontitis with treatment to solve Gingivitis. Remember, prevention is vital to maintaining proper dental hygiene. Visit the dentist regularly.